Wait… what?! How is it already the 17th? Time goes by so fast, don’t you think? But anyway, here is an update on how I’ve been doing in the first part of the Summer TBR Wipeout 2016 challenge! If you haven’t already, and would like to see my full TBR for this challenge, here’s my introductory post.
I haven’t done as much reading as I would’ve liked to. In my defense, I have been enjoying the last
summer days before our school starts. Does that count as an excuse? I don’t think so as I would much rather prefer staying indoors with a great book instead of drowning swimming or getting a sunburn tan. (I can’t really do both because it’s the start of the rainy season here although it’s scorching here, but you get my point.) Also, I’m sorry for the lack of content, I guess you can say, on my Goodreads page. I really suck at updating my reading progress. Okay, I’ve rambled long enough, here we go.
Books I’ve read:
- Me Before You (5 out of stars) is such an amazing book. If you haven’t read it, please do yourself a favor and READ IT. It is breathtakingly spectacular. Magnificent. Stunning. Hold on, I’m running out of synonyms for “amazing”. But seriously, it is beautiful. It is now in my favorites shelf (both on Goodreads and in real life) and I highly recommend it. As I’ve said on Goodreads, I don’t know if I’ll be posting my review because it’s so all over the place—I may or may not have been sobbing uncontrollably while drafting it—and quite frankly, I don’t know if my review will give justice on how incredible the book is.
- Dreamology (4 out of 5 stars) is a fun one. I bought the eBook of it and I’m now regretting that decision because the hardback looks so pretty! I delved into this one without expectations and I think that’s just perfect. I’ll be posting a review on this sometime in the future, not sure when because I don’t have a schedule, if you want to hear my thoughts about the bok.
- I received an eBook copy of Valley of the Moon (3 out of 5 stars) from Xpresso Book Tours (thank you!) in exchange for an honest review. I have mixed feelings about this and if you want to know more, watch out for my review coming up soon.
- I’ve only got one word for Fangirl (4 out of 5 stars), ADORABLE! When I read this, I had the aim of finishing it before our family road trip (which is yesterday) but I haven’t acheived that goal and I can’t stop reading this book to save my life so I brought it along with me even though I get carsick when reading. I endured a whole lot of dizziness but it was well worth it. I’ll have a review of this up soon also, once I actually start drafting it. Please force me into doing so or else I’ll end up forgetting.
Books I’m currently reading:
- If you look at my introductory post, Love, Lies and Spies isn’t on my TBR for this challenge. But when I was scrolling through my TBR in search of my next read, I just didn’t feel like reading any of them so I took to my bookshelves and saw this gem and decided that I’m in the mood for historical fiction. Now, I haven’t read ANY historical fiction. Crazy, I know! But I’m loving this so far.
- The Bookshop on the Corner also isn’t included in my TBR but I’ve been dying to read this one and now I finally got around to it, yay. The story’s been great so far, too!
Books up next:
Although I probably won’t be able to finish all the books in my To Be Read list, I’m hoping to at least read the following:
Overall, I’m pretty happy with the books I’ve read. There’s no 2-star ratings yet which is so pleasant. Who would want to read books that they hate? Have you read any of the books listed here? Are you joining this challenge too? Let’s talk in the comments below!
All book cover photos are taken from Goodreads.