Greetings, amazing people! How’s your day? Mine’s pretty spectacular, as the title suggests. I am so pumped to be writing this because I don’t normally do this type of posts. Heck, I haven’t done them at all before. So you can image my bliss when I got a notification for the *drumroll* —wait for it, although I’m pretty sure you already know—Sunshine Blogger Award!!!
I was nominated by the lovely Lena May from Lena May Books, and the amazing Clo from Book Dragons a long, loooooooooooong time ago, but I haven’t really gotten around to this until now. I’m so sorry it took me so long, I really wanted to post this as soon as I got tagged but life got in the way. Please don’t hate me.
THE SUNSHINE BLOGGER AWARD
This award is given to bloggers who are considered inspiring and to those who make the blogging community much more fun! So thank you very much to Lena May and Clo for this. It means so much to me, you don’t even know. And, not gonna lie, I got so emotional when I found out my eyes perspired lol *winks*. Now, here are the rules:
- Thank the person who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
Since I’ve been nominated by two different (fantastic) bloggers, I will be answering two separate sets of questions!
✨ Lena May’s Questions (And My Answers) ✨
- Where do you write the majority of your blog posts from?
Anywhere, really; whatever’s available and most convenient for me. Although mostly, I type my initial drafts on my phone’s Notes app and then continue editing on WordPress via my laptop. This works really well for me since my phone is constantly with me as opposed to pen and paper while editing on laptop is easier for formatting and proofreading.
- How long does it typically take you to write a post? Edit it?
Ooh, this is a tricky one. This wholly depends on the type of post. Sometimes it can take me no more than a few hours while other times it takes freaking ages to put up one post. Although maybe I take 1-2 hours on average to write a draft for a book review and another 1-2 hours on average to edit. This is considering that I’m productive and won’t leave them on drafts. When writing discussion posts though, that’s a whole different story. It takes me weeks or months to finish those!
- What is your go to drink or snack while writing?
For my go-to drink, it would probably be a huge cup of hot chocolate if the weather’s chilly or a nice tall glass of iced coffee if the weather’s hot. Food-wise, you can never go wrong with freshly baked pastries. Give me a platter of those and I’ll inhale them without even a glance at my book.
- What inspired you to start your blog?
Since I was young, I’ve always had a passion for reading. However, there is literally no one in my family and my close group of friends that share my love for books so I felt really isolated for a long time. Imagine having no one to scream with about books!! It wasn’t until recently, during my teenage years, that I’ve learned about this amazing community. And I’m forever grateful to become a part of this.
- What is your five year plan?
I have no idea how to answer this question. I’m not really one to worry about the future and I think that would be the end of me. But for the sake of this post, I would have to say that I see myself exactly as I am now but manifesting more maturity and wise decision-making. Also, I plan to devote more of my time in my passion for blogging and reading.
- If you were to write an autobiography what would the title be?
“The Art of Not Knowing What to Do” I’m pretty freakin’ proud of coming up with that title (and I hope to god this ain’t a title of a real autobiography yet) since I think it absolutely embodies my whole life
so far. I have no clue on what I’m doing with my life but hey, at least I’m happy!
- What are your guilty pleasures?
I’m pretty sure I have lots of guilty pleasures but unsurprisingly, I can’t remember all of them. So from the top of my head: watching rom-coms, eating powdered milk, buying a cheap book without knowing what it’s about, staying inside the house for days on end and CURSING AT THE SMALLEST THINGS AND WHATEVER THE SITUATION.
- If you could travel anywhere in the world where would you go and why?
Unlike most people I know, I’m not a really big fan of traveling. I get the heebie-jeebies just thinking about being in a completely foreign land and out of my literal comfort zone. However, two places that has awed me the most for their beauty are Aix-en Provence in France and Iceland.
- If you could meet anyone dead or alive who would you like to meet?
Can I meet my soulmate already? Lmfao.
- How long have you been blogging?
Apparently, I started this blog in 2016 and I can’t remember it being that long ago! But during that time, I suck at time management so I ended up constantly ignoring my blog and taking up a lot of long, unannounced hiatuses. It isn’t only until late 2018 did I fully get into blogging. By this, I mean I actually commit to being active in blogging however hard life hits me. And I’m absolutely proud of myself for that.
- What do you do when you are not blogging?
Aside from the obvious answer which is reading and binge-watching TV shows, I am a full-time student who loves making memories with the people I love!
✨ Clo’s Questions (And My Answers) ✨
- If you could read any series/book again, like it was the first time you were reading it, which series/book would you choose?
A no-brainer for me, definitely Percy Jackson and the Olympians series. I would give my soul just to experience the pure emotions I had the first time I read the series. Anna and the French Kiss would be a very close second to PJO series.
Technically cheating since this is an album but… WHEN WE ALL FALL ASLEEP, WHERE DO WE GO by Billie Eilish. It is physically impossible for me to pick a favorite from this.
- Are you bilingual? If no, do you wish you were?
I am. My mother tongue is Filipino and I speak English as well! Although I do want to learn French.
- Favourite 3 posts of yours you’ve done and why?
First of my favorite posts is Luxe’s Thoughts: UK vs US Book Covers since it is the first discussion post I’ve ever done. Writing discussion posts intimidate me so I’m hella proud of making that one. My second favorite is Wrapping It Up: JANUARY 2019. I’ve put in a lot of effort in that post and it signifies my (rare) organization that month. Lastly, I love my blog tour review on Field Notes of Love. I can remember how fun it was writing that review. I felt so warm and happy inside because that book really made me fall in love with it.
- How long have you been blogging and do you intend to ever quit forever?
As I’ve said in the previous similar question, I have started this blog in 2016 but haven’t really been active until late 2018. I don’t see myself quitting in the near future, maybe a few hiatuses here and there, but it would be awful if I were to quit permanently.
- Thoughts on book to movie adaptions? (e.g do you enjoy them? or do you usually find they don’t meet your expectations after reading the book?)
I detest book to movie adaptations that do absolutely no justice to the books. In fact, I haven’t found a single movie that I liked more than a book.
- If you could be a season which season would you want to be?
I would 100% be Autumn! Aside from the lovely colors, I adore the coziness it brings. Imagine being in a huge, comfy sweater with a cup of hot chocolate in hand and a good book in another. Not to mention, autumn reminds me of one of my absolute favorite movies: When Harry Met Sally.
- Aside from travelling in books, have you ever traveled? If so where, if not do you want to and where do you want to go?
I’m not one for travelling, as I’ve said. But I have been to Singapore and Malaysia! They’re both such breathtaking countries and I long to visit again.
Even! Weirdly, odd numbers make me uncomfortable except for the number 5.
I do but I always feel bad when I DNF them. But life is short and there is not enough time in the world to read books that you don’t enjoy!
- A popular ship everyone seems to ship in a series, that you just weren’t on aboard with?
I’ve been racking my brain for an answer to this but I honestly can’t think of any.
NOMINATIONS AND MY QUESTIONS
- What is one of your favorite underrated reads?
- What was the last book or movie that made you cry?
- If you were a Greek god/goddess, which one would you be and why?
- What is one thing most people don’t know about you?
- If you can live in any time period you desire, which would it be?
- What characters from any book/s do you wish were real people?
- Share some of your favorite quotes from books!
- What are your comfort foods?
- Which do you prefer, TV series or movies? Recommend a few of your favorites!
- What’s your favorite holiday?
- If you can have any superpower, what would you choose?
I nominate the following people because they make me smile and they’re some of my favorite bloggers! Of course, you don’t have to do this if you don’t want to. No pressure!
Again, I am so sorry for such a belated post for this award. I hope you got to know me a bit more through my answers. Thank you so much, and words can’t express how much I appreciate being nominated for this!